The Benefits of Hire Vs Buy
Oxford Event Hire is aware that the tough economic climate means that capital costs and spending decisions are coming under greater scrutiny. In this environment, hiring becomes a smart alternative to buying outright and whether you are a business or a private person, there is a serious proposition to consider. People are increasingly seeing the advantages of becoming more hire-conscious.
We want to raise public awareness of the real economic and other gains that may accrue from questioning one’s purchasing decisions and opting to hire. The benefits of hiring they point to include:
- No capital investment or capital replacement programme is required
- Offers immediate availability to meet short-term needs
- Eliminates storage requirements and downtime when equipment is not in use
- No direct maintenance or transport costs – equipment can be delivered and collected from site
- Vast ranges of high quality equipment available and updated by suppliers
- Consumable items are supplied on sale or return basis, thus avoiding overstocks
- Up-to-date safety advice and safety demonstrations are provided by suppliers
There are also compelling environmental reasons for choosing to hire, bought equipment often languishes unused for long periods and is essentially wasteful in an era when resources are scarce and people are increasingly conscious of their carbon footprint. How many of us have bought DIY or other equipment and used it once or twice before it gets lost in the garage or garden shed?
Hiring is often a better use of money and better for the environment, because hire equipment tends to be better-maintained and will be used many times over during the course of its hire lifespan.